There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE-MY QUIET MORNING COFFEE

As I was doing my Bible study this morning, sipping my black cup o' joe, it came to me how I relish my quiet mornings

and

how I really love my coffee.

So, as strange as it may seem to anyone else, I am very thankful for that black brew.  I got to sit with my sisters and 2 friends yesterday at Bob Evans around lunch and  a pot of coffee so coffee is associated with good times, friendships, and lots more.

And this morning God and I had coffee together as we do most mornings. 

Then my mind rolled on to being able to go to Bible study on Friday mornings
 to
the bookshelf in the corner with several Bibles? [sometimes I jump from one thing to another]
and to one special Bible that is over 100 years old that was my Granny's
.
 With the prayer she wrote on February 26, 1943 for the safe return of her son, George, as he shipped out for WW11. Her spelling was atrocious but God understood every word she wrote and her prayer was answered with his safe return, 


With this prayer written almost 72 years ago, yesterday being Veterans' Day comes to mind and the sacrifice the men and women in our Armed Forces make and how very thankful we need to be to all of them. 

Yesterday we had the privilege of having lunch with a WW11 veteran, he is 92 years old. It is because of him and his compatriots that I can enjoy my quiet morning coffee. 

So thank you, LORD, for my quiet morning coffee.

 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
Psalms 75:1 

May God bless and keep you and all yours today
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment