There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Tuesday, November 11, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE-MY FAMILY

When it comes to family, I am very blessed. I am the oldest of 5 with 2 sisters and 2 brothers and we all enjoy being together and having our families together. No one can poke fun at each other any better than we can-our gatherings are usually laugh sessions except those times we are together in prayer for each other. There have been times we have come together just for that in in heartbreaking circumstances so, no, our lives have not been all a bed of roses.
 We are all grandparents now and great, grandparents. Our Granny lived with us and took care of us while Mom and Dad worked. We always had a roof over our heads and food on the table. My favorite meal to this day is pinto beans, cornbread and fried taters because it seems we had that a lot. Granny had supper ready when Mom and Dad came in from work. You can read about my Granny in my post:
MY HERO

Then when I got married at barely 17, I gained 3 more brothers, a sister-in-law and 3 more sisters and I have loved them as my own brothers and sisters. We have had good times and and bad times, also. My father-in-law, Noah, and mother-in-law, Willena, were super, family centered folks as my own parents and I have always enjoyed being with all of them in these many years since 1957.

Between our families there are beaucoup nieces, nephews, grand nieces and nephews and great, grandnieces and nephews. If we all got together, we would have to rent a stadium.

Then there is the center of my world- "All Mine".

All Mine includes the three sons Len had before we were married, the son we have, Jeff,  our three daughters, Kim, Donna, Melinda, and their families [yep, this is a lot]. Circumstances didn't allow me to be much a part of Len's first three sons until we moved to Indiana in 2000 when he retired but they are part of "All Mine" anyway and since that retirement, we have lost all three of them.

Though we don't have Jerry Lee, Rick and Bill any longer, I still have my  daughters-in-law, Pam, Sherry and Helen and they are like my own daughters. Their children and grandchildren are part of "All Mine".

When an edict goes out from The Queen Mamaw, they all get it.

No, this almost 75 years I have been allowed on this earth haven't been a smooth, sunshiny path-there has been much heartache but I am so very, very blessed to have had my family.  I have watched my own in sports and activities, then my grandchildren and now my great, grandchildren.

Here are some of the great, grandchildren 3 years ago. I was in crochet mode and had made each of them an outfit.


Thank you, LORD, for All Mine, for keeping them in safety and health.

May God bless and  keep you and all yours
Carolyn Wainscott









No comments:

Post a Comment