There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Friday, November 7, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

Yesterday was the 31st day of my posts in prayers for America-others started October 1 but as a lot of times, I am a day late and a $ short but when I got the little Prayer Atlas in my hand at Bible study a few days after they had been handed out it instigated me to use the guide here and it warmed my heart to know that some were reading my posts.

Now I am on a campaign for gratitude, for myself, for All Mine, and if you want to come along please join me. I try to keep an "Attitude of Gratitude" because there is so much for me to be thankful for, so much to be told that I want to share with those near and dear to my heart.

First, let me illuminate you on "All Mine"-they are many, they are the three current generations directly under me [subject to change at any given time with marriages, births, deaths], the ones God has put in my direct line of care. I keep a list with each name by family in my Bible-some days their names are called out to God individually, some days by family and other times simply as All Mine.
They are my sons and their families and my daughters and their families. Four of my boys are gone but my daughters-in-law are just like my own. 

Today, I'll start with my biggies:

GOD
yep, that's as big as it gets, isn't it? He is always there with me and for me, I couldn't get through a day without Him. 
Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
Psalms 75:1 

JESUS
My Saviour

I am thankful for living here in America. There is no other country with as much freedom and abundance. 
and
I am very thankful for my wonderful new home here in Ohio.

  
I'll stop there for today. I could go on til the day God takes me out of here and still not have listed all my blessings. 

May God bless and keep you and all yours today
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
just one more thing-let me share one of my poems:

THE LILY OF THE VALLEYS

Though you walk through the valleys of The Shadow And Despair
and believe the life you've led is far beyond repair,
though your enemy awaits you in his dark, craggy lair
and in the past you've been unable to escape his snare,
though the burden that you carry is more than you can bare
and hopelessness engulfs you and keeps you so aware
that you feel so all alone and will no longer dare
to lift your eyes to meet another cold dark stare,
though your valleys seem impassable there in One who cares.
Just go to Him on bended knee in prayer
and The LILY OF THE VALLEYS will go with you there.
© 2001-Carolyn Wainscott 

No comments:

Post a Comment