There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Monday, November 10, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE-CANCER FREE

My aspirations for a daily "Attitude of Gratitude" post are already out the window. I missed the second and third days-so much for that. That's my life, too many distractions to be thankful for what I have but it seems there is always time to grumble and complain-well, that may not be yours but it is mine.
Forgive me, LORD.

Today, November 10, 2014, let me tell you about more of my "Biggies" that I am so grateful for:
my health and well being.

I will be 75 years old in a couple of months. I don't take any medications except for an occasional Aleve or aspirin for a headache or discomfort from arthritis in my hip but that is very occasional.

Oh, there have been some illnesses in that over 74 years and in September, 2004 I was involved in a wreck that could have put me in a wheelchair for life. If you saw the car you would think I shouldn't be able to walk but I am walking. If the car had jumped into reverse instead of lurching forward, my grandson, Travis, would have been injured seriously or killed. Instead, the car took itself 94' into a tree and totaled itself. My leg was broken and that has led to arthritis over the years and worked itself into my hip but I am thankful to be able to walk. The discomfort is a reminder of how blessed I am that Travis wasn't hurt and I am still on my feet.

In the spring of 1990,  I was diagnosed with breast cancer in its early stages. You can read more about my recovery and the way God helped me work through those months in my post,
MY THERAPY-MY QUILTS~EL TIGRE



Then a few months ago during a pre physical for cataract surgery, breast cancer was found again and again it was in its early stages. The cancer was very small-able to be removed in a lumpectomy. My lymph nodes were all clear and radiation treatments were done for good measure. Even though it was highly recommended by doctors, I have opted not to take a follow up drug for 5 years that is supposed to decrease the chances of cancer returning in the next 10 years. It has side effects I don't want to deal with including ovarian cancer, aches and pains, headaches-I have no aches and pains-why would I want to disturb that? I am trusting God for my future.

If not for having to have the physical, I probably wouldn't have had the mammogram, just didn't want to take the time right then but I did want to see and the cataract had to be removed. God has a way to direct our paths and this was His way for the cancer to be found before it progressed any further. 

So here I am near the end of 2014, with successful cataract surgery-able to see without glasses [which is wonderful by the way] and cancer free after my second bout in almost 25 years. 

I am so very thankful for my health and well being.

May God bless and keep you and all yours.
Carolyn Wainscott



No comments:

Post a Comment