There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Monday, November 17, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE- TODAY'S SUNDRY THINGS

This is the view of my backyard outside my bedroom window this morning. The snow is beautiful, is't it? The first snowfall of the season-early, mid November-schools are closed, roads are hazardous and electricity is out in spots. 


And I am thankful for this? Well, yes-the snow is beautiful and I get to enjoy it from my nice warm home and don't have to go out in it.  I don't need anything but if I did, there are others in the house that could/would handle it
 and 
if I really, really had to go out, my car, even though is nine years old is in good condition and runs great. It has a new set of tires and a full tank of gas that I put in yesterday because of the snow forecast. 

Even though the
 "weather outside is frightful
 but the fire is so delightful
 and since I've no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"
I am thankful for my nice warm home, a good running car and those in my life who take care of things for this old lady that have become beyond my scope of doing and those that I am capable of but they do anyway. 

The view from my front porch. Beautiful. I love my yard, the trees. It is a quiet dead end street.




The light was turned off at the 20 items or less register as I stood in line with my treasure trove of sale yarns scavenged from the sale bin. It was aggravating to think I would have to get into another line behind others but the cashier waved me and the lady behind me on up. 

I had already seen that the cashier had an oxygen apparatus as she rang out the people in front of me so I wouldn't have complained to cause trouble for having to go to another line and as I got closer could tell that she was rather out of breath. She could have been my age, maybe younger or older and did her job cheerfully.

Seeing that cashier about my age reminded me how very blessed I am to be able to walk about breathing freely. Maybe she doesn't have to work because of necessity, maybe she just likes to work and Walmart is good enough to hire her even with her health condition. Whatever the reason, I am thankful that I don't have to work outside my home unless I want. 

My father passed away from emphysema, my brother is dealing with it right now and my friend,  Betty, has chronic lung disease. It is terrible and frightening not to be able to get that next deep breath and I need to be thankful for every breath I can take easily-THANK YOU, LORD!!

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Eph 5:20   

May God  bless and keep you and all yours today, may you stay warm
Carolyn Wainscott



No comments:

Post a Comment