There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Tuesday, March 3, 2015

FAMILY BAPTISMS

I woke this morning with the thought of sharing the baptisms of some of our family. My photos and videos are some of my most precious things. I record just about everything. I couldn't find other photos that have been taken so went ahead with what is available. 

Mother and son, Cathy and Ryan, were baptized together-isn't that super. Cathy is my niece, my sister, Shirley's daughter and Ryan, of course, is her grandson. 


My grandchildren, Erica and Daniel, were baptized at the same time. They are first cousins. We all attended Pisgah Heights Baptist Church in West Chester, Ohio and took part in Bible School & Sunday School plus the Passion Plays by the Drama Ministry. 



How I would love to have photos/videos of all our baptisms through the years. All have taken place in a church except one.

Youngest grandson, Travis, had made arrangements from college to be baptized when he got home. He had been in contact with his friend, Patrick Lanman, pastor of Olive Branch Baptist Church, near Vevay, Indiana. 

Plans had to be changed from a regular old baptism in church due to my husband's health. Trav wanted his Papaw, the man who had raised him, to be at one of the most important events of his life. Pat's church brought out a portable baptistry on that Saturday morning, set it up and filled it so it would be ready that afternoon. Several of our family came out to be with us including Len's sister, Iretta, who was also quite ill. 

Len was already becoming unresponsive but we know he knew what was going on. He had been there for Trav's whole life and he was present in those moments, too. He passed away two days later. 


Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Prov 22:6

I took my children to church, then my grandchildren and now my great, grandchildren. Seeing one accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour is the joy of my life.

May God bless and keep you and yours
Carolyn Wainscott




No comments:

Post a Comment