There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Monday, March 9, 2015

BIBLE EXPLORER-SOFTWARE FOR BIBLE STUDY

Shortly after I got my first computer in the mid 90's--and for my smarty pants kids and grandkids, that is the 1990's, not 1890's--I bought a Bible Explorer cd. It had to be rather cheap or I wouldn't have. Even with my limited computer skills it was easy for me to use.

That Bible Explorer cd took me through another computer or two but finally was incompatible with the newer upgrades and to my chagrin,  I couldn't find another updated Bible Explorer cd in my searches. I bought several other programs, ordered another one or two but none suited. 

A year or so ago it dawned on me to do an internet search and lo and behold, there it was and GLORY it was free! Don't you never think this old gal didn't download that baby immediately. 



Things have to be very simple for me. You see, I am not a Bible scholar, I don't have tons of Bible verses committed to memory even though I should so when I am writing or studying I spend a lot of time searching for just the right verse or topic or word. I know what I'm looking for, just need to find it to make sure it is quoted perfectly.

In "search" I poke in a couple of words that my feeble mind remembers may be in the verse I want and every verse in the Bible they are in pops up.

When I find what I'm looking for, if I want to quote the verse[s] in the piece, I highlight the area, "copy", take it to the piece and "paste".  This saves the time of typing the whole thing or trying to read from the Bible and keep losing my place if my eyes go crossed from jumping from page to computer-but that's just me.

I used my Bible Concordance for years but this is so much faster and simpler that I passed it on. 

Yesterday the thought of passing on the information about this program occurred to me. The Bible Explorer people don't have a clue who I am, I'm not getting any kudos from them in any way. 

Just my way of sharing something that helps me a great deal and thought it may help someone else. 

May God bless and keep you and all yours as he blesses and keeps me and "All Mine"
Carolyn Wainscott

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:16-17 

[see I just went to Bible Explorer, brought this passage up, copied and pasted it here and it took all of about a minute] I love this program!



No comments:

Post a Comment