There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Tuesday, March 17, 2015

LORD, when saw we thee a stranger?

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38  saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39  saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 

Yesterday many hearts were touched by a request on one of my online craft sites. A young mother asked for a remembrance to be made of her baby girl she had lost prematurely and she had included photos she would like used. The baby's  name is Harper Lynn. She weighed 14 ozs. and was 10 inches long.  She lives in Oregon. I'm sure the responses came from all over the U.S.

There was a great response including condolences for her loss including my own and still today responses are being posted. In fact, I just checked the request, someone had asked for the baby's name, etc. and they were just posted so have included them.  

Artists and crafters offered paintings, drawings, jewelry, quilts, pillows, sketches-many at no cost. Several shared their own experience of losing their own child.   

This outpouring online to a complete stranger sure beats the continual, heartless news that bombards us daily. 

Watching this generosity yesterday unfold also prompts me to write of other circumstances I have watched via online requests on a local yard sale site that I had the thought of sharing but hadn't gotten around to it. 

During one of our snowstorms, a young [my perception] woman, asked for someone to come get her out of a snow bank, she had no money so couldn't call a tow truck. Several people jumped in with suggestions for her to call but one young [I know, I saw his photo]  man  immediately responded and went to pull her out. A complete stranger-that is wonderful. Several commended him but he just said he was trying to be a good example for his daughter. His facebook page shows him with his daughter. What better example could she have?

Requests for enough formula for their baby to last until some could be purchased on payday, immediate help with a move, a young single mother's need for housing for her and her children, job requests-have all been responded to positively. 

Oh, there were negative responses such as "how did you get in that condition to begin with" but overall strangers stepped in.    

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matt 25:34-40

May God bless and keep you and all yours
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JESUS 
Praise Banner-5' x 6'





No comments:

Post a Comment