There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Monday, March 23, 2015

WHAT IS SUCCESS?





These aren't the thoughts I started with this morning, the piece I thought I would be writing today but in looking for photos I came across a poem I have been looking for. I have a way of hiding things from myself and seems spend half my time looking for them. Try as I may, being organized isn't one of my best talents, in fact it isn't a talent of mine at all, especially when it comes to filing information on my computer. 

I put things in folders but then forget how or when or category-whatever! The photo I was looking for didn't appear but my poem jumped out at me from the external hard drive I keep excess files. I have been looking for it in a notebook where poems, clippings, etc. are kept, it wasn't there, on a cd that it was supposed to be on but can't access for some reason and in every other place it could have possibly snuck into. I couldn't remember when I wrote it but my copywright  says 2000.

When I can't find something it niggles me in the back of my mind till I find it so this niggle can go away now and I suppose this is what was to be done today:

SUCCESS

What do you think when you think of success?
Do you think as the world, if you have nothing less
than fast, showy cars and designer dress
and live on the hill so you can impress
all the right folks with your style and finesse.
That you are a failure and filled with distress
because a plain house down the block is all you possess,
a tee time's a luxury for you don't have access
to the country club and your life's empty unless
you're at the top of the heap in your own business?

What do you think when you think of success?
Would you give it some thought and may I suggest
that you think on The Man who gave us His best?
For though He had little just His nearness
gave sight to the blind, hope for the hopeless.
His goal that we may have life at its fullest
meant a sacrifice no one else could accomplish.
Even nailed to the cross bore us no bitterness
was abandoned by most to His own emptiness.

So, what do you think when you think of success?
If you'll think on The Man you'll surely confess
your way of life can be your greatest success,
sharing with those who have so much less,
giving a child a kiss and caress,
treating others with love and fairness,
being content with God's awesomeness. 
Yes
think on The Man who's our LORD, the purest and finest
for when you have Him, you don't need all the rest. 
copywright 2000

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 

May God bless and keep you and all yours
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment