There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Sharing my writings-"SUCCESS"

A lot of life has happened in the last 1 1/2 year since I wrote in  TheAlabasterBox. Maybe one of these days I will get caught up. 

For now the LORD has been impressing upon me to share some of my past writings/poems. 

The poem "SUCCESS" is dated 2000 when it was given to me. I usually date everything so I can remember. It has been on my mind for some weeks now, I looked for it a couple of weeks ago but it didn't jump into my hand.  This morning it kinda, sorta did after reading other things that I had forgotten about that will probably be used  at some point. 

Anyway-here is

SUCCESS

What do you think when you think of success?
Do you think as the world-if you have nothing less
than fast, showy cars and designer dress
and live on the hill so you can impress
all the "right" people with your style and finesse?
Or that you are a failure and filled with distress
because a plain little house is all you possess
and a tee time's a luxury because you don't have access
to the country club and your life's empty unless
you're at the top of the heap in your own business?
 Hmm, what do you think when you think of success?
Would you give it some thought and may I suggest
that you think on The Man who gave us His best?
For though He had little just His nearness
gave sight to the blind and hope to the hopeless.
His goal that we may have life at its fullest
meant a sacrifice no one else could accomplish.
Even nailed to the tree bore us no bitterness
though abandoned by most to His own emptiness. 
So, what do you think when you think of success?
If you'll think on The Man I know you'll confess
the way you live is your greatest success,
sharing with those who have so much less,
giving a child a kiss and caress,
treating others with love and kindness
and being content with God's awesomeness.
Yes, think on The Man who's our LORD, the purest and finest
for when you have Him you don't need all the rest. 

 As the quote from the poem of C. T. Studd:
Only one life, 'twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

When God calls us home, none of us will take any material thing we have gathered and we leave our legacy behind be it material or a life all yours can look up to and be proud of.

God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott 

No comments:

Post a Comment