There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Saturday, August 5, 2017

#TeamCharlotte

Cancer has reared its ugly head again in my family-this time it is my great, granddaughter, Charlotte,  who is only 2 years old. Five years ago my husband, his brother and sister passed away within a few months of each other due to cancer and we found that my step son, Rick, had cancer 5 months after my husband was gone. He fought the disease for 2 years but we lost him in July, 2o14. I had my second bout with breast cancer in the spring of 2014 so you can see we are very familiar with the disease but it can be expected in adults-not so in babies.  

I took these photos a few days after her 2nd birthday [June 10]. The dress was bought especially for her 2 year photos. [I must tell you she is not a frills and lace kind-a-gal and was none too thrilled for Mamaw to put this on her]. 





For several weeks I had a deep concern for Charlotte, a foreboding that I couldn't shake. Then on July 13 she was air lifted to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati from the er. The doctor who had treated Charlotte in the er visited in her room and told her parents that she was the sickest little girl he had ever seen besides accidents and cancer patients. 

Charlotte's first diagnosis was thought to be a virus. She had been on an antibiotic that depleted her immune system so she was overly susceptible to the virus and her blood count went up but then back down so a spinal tap was taken and the next few days were some of the longest I have ever had waiting for the results- she has leukemia. I can't remember all the correct medical terms but a plan of treatment was put into works immediately. 

 Here she is July 15 with her Daddy, Travis, and her Mamaw Melinda, Travis' mother. [Melinda is my baby girl] We were still thinking she had a virus and she was swelled because of the infection. 



It is almost 5 a.m. and I have been up several hours. Charlotte, of course, was the first thing on my mind and there was no way I could go back to sleep so here I am sharing our experience. 

You see, Charlotte has an older sister, Isabella Lynn, whose birthday is today but she was born twice on August 5, 2014-once to earth and then back to heaven. I shared that time @ http://cwainscott.blogspot.com/2014/10/isabella-in-gods-hands.html.

That was a heartache beyond heartaches and now my precious Charlotte is ill. So what do I do when I can barely catch a breath at times.

I think on those times that God has been faithful to hear us and answer our prayers as with our Ayden: http://cwainscott.blogspot.com/2011/04/gods-miracle-baby-ayden.html
and
my nephew, Keith:http://cwainscott.blogspot.com/2015/03/and-yet-another-miracle.html
and
I pray and ask for the prayers of everyone who will. So would you please pray for our Charlotte for complete healing quickly so she can be through her treatments and that they don't make her ill. 

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matt 18:20

God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott




2 comments:

  1. I will have her in my prayers.. My great granddaughter had cancer in the brain when she was a little over a year old and believe me God does answer prayers . she will be starting kindergarden this year and so far no problems. God is GREAT!!! God bless this child and her family in Jesus's name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Juanita, and yes God does answer prayer.

      Delete