There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Wednesday, August 16, 2017

#TeamCharlotte-Charlotte's Prayer Quilt

On Monday, July 24, 2017, Charlotte was scheduled to have her first chemotherapy.

I had made Charlotte's quilt top quite a while before but had an urgency to now get it done. It was one of those things put in the "finish" pile. I took her quilt to her the morning before that first chemo. 

My prayer quilts and cloths are the sign of my faith in God. Many prayers have gone up and will continue for her healing. Prayers for healing go into my quilts as they are being made. I call them my "stitched prayers".  No, there is no healing power in those pieces of cloth but in the power of our Almighty God. 

Hebrews 11:1 tells us: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Charlotte's quilt illustrates the substance of things hoped for which is her healing and is evidence of the "not seen" healing that is going on in that little body. 

Before I left the house with the quilt that morning more prayers were added by Melinda [Charlotte's grandmother-my youngest daughter and her second cousins:Ian, Hannah, Blake and Brandon]


Charlotte had a terrible reaction to the chemo, so scary. While Travis comforted her he grabbed her quilt and put over her covering her with our prayers. 

That episode is
@:  http://cwainscott.blogspot.com/2017/08/teamcharlotte-chemo-starts.html.

#TeamCharlotte articles are my way of sharing Charlotte's journey through this experience, my way of working through this heartbreak of watching this baby in all this and to show her later what she had been through.

Please keep her in your prayers, thank all of you so much.

Charlotte's great, grandmother
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment