There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Friday, August 18, 2017

HUGGING A STRANGE MAN IN THE HOSPITAL ELEVATOR

YEP! I sure did! NOPE! I don't usually go around hugging strange men. 

Rick [found that out in our conversation] and I got on the elevator as we were leaving the 5th floor of Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. Hospital security came up and I said it was a shame but with the way things were it has to be this way and his answer was "but there are some really good people in this world". 

He was there for his son, Ricky. His youngest, his 6th child who was named after him. See-I don't go around accosting strange men to get their names. 

Ricky had been in the hospital for 2 months after a bone marrow transplant-he is 13 years old-the bone marrow was from a stranger because there wasn't a familial donor compatible.

I had some prayer cloths in my bag and felt compelled to dig one out and give to him for Ricky, told him my Bible study group had helped me pray into them. He said it would mean so much to his wife and Ricky and that's how I ended up hugging with a strange man in the hospital elevator. 

God put Rick and I together for that ride down to the parking garage. He needed a word of encouragement and I needed to share.

Here is a poem I wrote several years ago:

LORD
I offer my life as a prayer
That each day others will see Jesus there
That the Samaritan in me shows them I care
That I will help someone their burdens to bear
That with those you send me, my sweet Jesus I share
That I will keep loved ones from Satan's dark lair
That nothing I do gives YOU cause for despair
That to YOU I am daily a breath of fresh air
LORD
I offer my life as a prayer  

Please remember this young boy in your prayers. Thank you so much

May God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott


No comments:

Post a Comment