There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Monday, August 7, 2017

#TeamCharlotte-The Wait

For #TeamCharlotte I am going to try to keep up with Charlotte's  experiences in this journey.  In the first #TeamCharlotte post, I shared a little about the beginning of Charlotte's saga with what may be a 2-3 year treatment for leukemia. I have seen other children, prayed for other children, made prayer quilts for other children never expecting to go through this with one of my own. At this point I am having to rely on others for prayer because I can't seem to come up with the right words for her.  

On Thursday, July 13, 2017, Charlotte was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati from the er. Her daddy, Travis, flew out of here when we got the word she was being transported but I stayed here.  

The best and most I can do in these times is pray and get others to join me. A request was put on my timeline on Facebook "Urgent prayer request please, I don't know what is going on but my great, granddaughter, Charlotte is being airlifted to Children's Hospital" Then the same request was put on "Squares of Faith" [a faith based group of quilters on Facebook that I will probably never meet face to face]. I have done this often with other situations and within a short time there are many praying and it was the same this time.  

Her blood count was dangerously low but she made it through the night. The consensus was that the antibiotic she had been on for a rash had depressed her immune system and when she contracted a virus she couldn't fight it off. Charlotte had been sent home 2 days before from the doctor's office with this "virus" She was given a blood transfusion and the blood count went up to 8 something with the goal of raising it to 13. 

Friday, July 14, Charlotte was mostly sedated and sleeping so we were just in and out of her room watching her and trying to stay out of the way. She screamed every time she saw doctors and nurses and that was every few minutes it seemed. 

Saturday, July 15, she was awake more and being occupied with her Mommy's and Daddy's familiar cell phone photos and videos but it was hard to see her swelled as she was. It was good to see her alert though. 


Being at the hospital is wearying, isn't it? Especially under these circumstances. There was a prayer vigil for a young man named Jonathan who was critical after a wreck on his motorbike on July 1. I was just too tired to go I thought but finally got myself together. My daughter, Donna, would drive me and I was so pleased that my granddaughter, Heather, and her 4 children were going also. It was such a blessed evening. Originally the vigil was to be held at the hospital in Dayton, Ohio where Jonathan was but it expanded to several churches and other sites as the home of my sister, Shirley, where we were. Essentially there were prayers being sent up from all over the world for Jonathan so we put Charlotte's name into the mix also.





I must tell you that Jonathan's family had been given little hope for his recovery but has rallied and has been transferred to a center for rehabilitation. The Jonathan that doctors predicted would be little more than a vegetable if he lived is now speaking and writing his name. Jonathan was put in the hands of The Great Physician who  is in charge. 

Charlotte has been put in His hands also and we are believing in her complete healing. 

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matt 18:20

We are gathered together spiritually for Charlotte as we gathered for Jonathan. 

God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment