There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER

It is comforting to know when there is a crisis, there is someone to call on for prayer-
my family-and believe me there have been desperate, urgent needs as with, I am sure, some of you. Then, there were other times of requests for healing, a job needed, safe keeping-the list goes on and on. 

There is our miracle baby, Ayden that I shared in a previous post @ cwainscott.blogspot.com/2011/04/gods-miracle-baby-ayden and my niece, Debbie, @ cwainscott.blogspot.com/2011/06/family-being-sisters but others that have not been written of yet. 

My current most pressing concern is my stepson, Rick, who is in treatment for cancer. We found that he had stage 4 lung cancer just a couple of months after my husband passed in June, 2012.  He is surprising the doctors with how well he is doing. I know he is tired all the time from the second round of chemo but the initial malignancy was irradicated and his blood work is good right now.  

I'm not shy about asking for prayer, I ask the ladies at Bible study on Friday mornings, I ask the church I am attending, I ask friends, and I ask all those out there in Facebook land that I message back and forth with. Some that I have never met face to face but even some of them let me know they are praying.  So if you have a spare minute and no one else to pray for, would you pray for my Rick for healing-thank you.

And, yes, when I was told I had breast cancer a couple of months ago, you had better believe the calls went out for prayer for healing. 

 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.    Heb 4:16  

I spent quite a bit of time pulling photos and cutting photos from my videos [I always have my camera with me-wouldn't want to miss anything precious-and I have a lot of precious]

There are photos from a service of an observance of The Lord's Supper in which families could share together-yep-those are precious. In that service the four children of my nephew, Keith, went to the altar to pray together. Now that was really precious to see them kneeling together unashamedly. 

One photo is of our venerable Matriarch with her face upturned in our prayer at Thanksgiving in 2008. [She was usually the first call we made to start prayer]. That year we had four additions to our family-three of them are being held by Mom and my brother, Larry. Had to include those- too precious not to. You see, Mom left us in June of 2012 also. 

The last photo is our first Christmas here in my new home with my children, grandchildren and great, grandchildren. I want the legacy of prayer to go on into my generations.


May God bless you and keep you
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment