There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Saturday, December 13, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE-THANKFUL FOR MY ROOM

There was no good news again this morning on tv either local or national with all the civil unrest and natural disasters.



All of this makes me doubly thankful for my nice cozy room in my nice home that houses 4 generations. Yes, it can get hectic, it isn't what a nice quiet retirement could be but as I sit here enjoying my little electric heater that looks like a fireplace, you won't hear me complain. I love my home and especially my room with its own bath where I can retreat for peace and quiet when I want. 

My yarn is waiting for my next project for Christmas, there is a stack already done and I have several more to do. Photos appear in my email and in messages on facebook from the girls hinting for different handmade things-hats, fingerless gloves, etc. that are too pricey for them to afford . I don't mind, actually I love doing it. They get to wear stuff no one else has and maybe a remembrance later on of the love that went into each piece and I get to pray for them as I work. It is a two-fold, two-way street, they love what I make for them and I love making it for them.  

This evening I will be working on snoods [those 40s looking hairpieces that hold long hair] for three of my granddaughters-Janna, Heather and Kaitlyn. I already have Erica's done. I found the pattern and decided to try it at some point but they saw it laying here and each wants one. 

As I work on the pieces for my girls in front of my fireplace here in my cozy room, there will be much thankfulness for even though I am far, far from being rich, a widow on Social Security, I know that I am still among the top 10% of the richest in the world. 

May God bless and keep you and all yours
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is one of my poems I wrote in 1998:

Things haven't changed much, have they? News is still the same. My circumstances are different, however. I was in a different home, I was a wife, My husband retired a couple of years after this was written. We sold that home and moved to what I thought would be my last move to Indiana but that changed also. My husband passed from cancer, that home was sold and here I am back in Ohio. Through all of this I know that God is caring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment