There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Thursday, December 4, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE-MY FOREVER HOME

My "I Wills" are way out the window for this week but what else is new? Tomorrow is our weekly Bible study and I got through three of five this morning and still have 2 more to finish. So much for my resolve of doing one a day that I was doing in the first weeks of the study and for a daily post of thanksgiving. If it doesn't get done before my day starts, it isn't going to get done with all the distractions that come in minute by minute-can you relate??

The study is a great one by Max Lucado called "Experiencing The Heart of Jesus" and this is the last week of a ten week study.  I love the way the author writes and brings things into my realm of everyday thinking and the new slant he gives on situations at times.

This week's study is Experiencing the Hope of Jesus. There is an excerpt from Max's book "A Gentle Thunder" -this isn't home-we don't always feel welcome here-we shouldn't-this isn't our home. Our home is where our Father is. 

Jesus said
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14:1-3  

Jesus is coming back for me and you and the author went on to describe his thoughts on what it will be like when all eyes will be looking into the eastern sky to see angels, angels everywhere singing Holy, Holy, Holy

and then the heavens are quiet and there He is-Jesus riding a great white stallion saying "I am the Alpha and Omega."

AWESOME-I had to write in  the margin beside that passage and just think, it could be at any time, today, tonight, tomorrow. There is a good possibility I will see His return in my lifetime and I will be in my forever home @ Mansion of God, Street of Gold, Heaven 11111. 

One of my favorite Bible passages is:
 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True
Rev 19:11 

My forever home-that is what I am thankful for today. There have been many heartaches and heartbreaks in this lifetime but there won't be any in that beautiful place. I will get to rock those babies I didn't get to rock here and see all those I am missing. 

My Bible study was great this morning, 

Thank you, LORD, for everything and especially for my Saviour, Jesus Christ.

May God bless and keep you and all of yours today
Carolyn Wainscott




No comments:

Post a Comment