There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Monday, December 1, 2014

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE-FOUR GENERATIONS



I have such grandiose intentions at times. I WILL study my Bible every day, I WILL keep the house in perfect order every day, I WILL keep the laundry all done and folded and put away and I WILL, I WILL, I WILL. 

Well, so much for all that most of the time. My "Attitude of Gratitude" was going to have a daily post-for crying out loud, I have enough to be thankful for to fill post after post after post but that hasn't been done and shame on me. 

Evidently the apostle, Paul, had much the same problem in Romans 7:15-what he wanted to do, he didn't and what he didn't want to do, he did. That doesn't excuse me in the least but makes me feel a little better anyway. 

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:15 

I did accomplish a daily post of prayer for America for the challenge of 31 days of prayer so that makes me feel a little better. 

But here I am 4 days after Thanksgiving with not a word since that morning because-what I would, I don't.

There were four generations here on Thanksgiving day-wouldn't you think I would be shouting that from the rooftops-I had three generations to enjoy that I am responsible for-all of them beautiful, healthy, have roof over their heads, clothes on their backs and food on their table. 

So, here is my shout!!!!!!!!

We had a great meal with turkey and all the fixin's


that had a wishbone for grandson, Rob to share with his son, Kendall

I didn't have to fix deviled eggs because our deviled egg guru, grandson, Dan, made them


My four children-Kim and Melinda [oh, that's me in center]on swing, Jeff and Donna in the back

grandchildren-Janna, Erica, David on swing, Robby, Dan, Travis, Robert [Heather & Kaitlyn weren't there nor my grandchildren and great, grandchildren who live in Indiana]


and then some of my great, grandchildren
Trinten, Kendall, Silas, Ashlynn on swing, Jenna and Breydon in back


For all of this I am truly grateful, 
Thank you, LORD. 

May God bless and keep you and all of yours
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment