There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Wednesday, October 8, 2014

PRAY 31-A Month Of Prayer For America

Posts keep coming up on Facebook to "like & share" for prayer for America and of course I share but that is soon forgotten even knowing this land of ours is in deep, deep jeopardy from all sides, including the inside-especially from the inside but I get caught up in everyday life and my intent gets shunted aside. 

At our weekly Bible study last week, however, we were given the US PRAYER ATLAS which is a 31 day nationwide journey of prayer that I am beginning to participate in and to share here. I am determined to keep my resolve this time. Just think how things can change if we all ban together in prayer-WOW-it is too awesome to think about. 

In this 31 days we will be praying for:
Our President & Vice-President
Our Congressional Leaders
Our Justice System
Our Armed Forces
Spiritual Renewal
Candidates for Public Office
Leaders in the State
Churches in the State
Chirstians in the State

This can take only 5 minutes per day and using a journal is suggested. I am used to keeping a journal but have gotten away from it for a time but have been wanting to get back to that so here is my opportunity. 

Since I am on day 2, am sharing days 1 & 2 today so I don't confuse myself, I get that way so easily, you know. 

Please join me.  Our God can do anything if we just turn Him loose on it.  This nation of ours can turn around. There is nothing but bad news in all the media. How can we be anything but depressed if we sit twiddling our thumbs, talking about the mess and doing nothing?

DAY 1
-Pray for a great outpouring of God's Spirit on America 
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions
Joel 2:28 
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Acts 2:17 
-Pray for the President and Vice-President that their hearts would be guided by God, that their decisions would be wise and that their leadership would be principled. 

"Prayer penetrates doors we will never enter. Prayer breaks hearts that have been hardened by the most ruthless pursuit of position. Prayer bridges the gap between the modest den of the meek and the highest places of government, where laws are made and bills are signed and officials wrestle against impossible odds."--Beth Moore
----------------------------------
DAY 2
-Pray for the leaders, churches and Christians of ALABAMA and ALASKA.
-Pray that christian leaders across America would seek God's heart for vision, wisdom and direction.   
3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3
"Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God; not only by unbelief, but by thinking that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things 'above all that we ask or think.' "--Andrew Murray
-----------------------------------
Take this 31 day journey with me-let's pray for our nation and each other.

God bless you
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment