There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

MATTHEW 26:7



Sunday, October 12, 2014

31 DAYS OF PRAYER FOR AMERICA-DAY 6-OCTOBER 12, 2014

Sunday morning-another day of nothing but bad news-A smoke bomb thrown at people in the subway in New York, Isis is marching on Iraq and Kobani-such evilness and it is fast invading our shores. We need to so keep our minds and hearts on our God. 

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Phil 4:6-8 

Today let's be praying for:
~the leaders, churches, Christians of Florida and Georgia

~Pray that the Church will deepen its commitment to prayer and never cease to call upon God. 

 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalms 5:3 
17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. 18 He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.
Psalms 55:17-18 
 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence
Isaiah 62:6 
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint
Luke 18:1 

God bless you and keep you
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, I will be attending a memorial service for my former sister-in-law, Rita. I am praying for nephew, Randy and his family, in the loss of his mother. She and I are the same age-kind of makes one think, doesn't it? Am I doing all I am supposed to be doing? Am I procrastinating on things that need to be done? 

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Carolyn! This post is such a blessing! I've been thinking about sharing scripture on my blog. I need to get back blogging more. Just haven't been into it lately. thank you for blessing my heart today. Praying, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for letting me know, Teresa! The Lord has given us this gift and He has laid it on my heart to share more. I haven't been into it lately either but am coming out of a several year fog and there is so much that it seems I could be busy 24/7 because things come to mind that should be passed on. There are things that will be posted that are actually so my children, grandchildren and great, grandchildren. My mother passed and there are questions we have that we don't have the answers to, I want "All Mine" to know why their matriarch is the crazy person she is. God bless you and get busy, Girl.

    ReplyDelete